I wanted to give everyone a quick family and ministry update! We would love to have your prayer support on the following areas as God continues to move and direct us here in the Dominican Republic!
- #1 – find a rental home here in Santiago, Dominican Republic! We have been looking for a place to call home for the past three months. We started at first by just going to different neighborhoods in Santiago and learning the areas. We are now in full swing with two Real Estate Agents looking to help us find a home to start life and ministry here in the DR! Please pray that we find a home within the next month.
- #2 – we are looking for items to furnish the home that we rent that aren’t super expensive. Everything is very expensive here as it has to be imported. Pray that God will open doors for us to buy things 2nd hand or find ways to save money.
- #3 – Spanish Class – we are in full-time language school being taught by Kendy our personal tutor. She comes to our home 4 times a week and teaches us Spanish for a total of 8-9 hours per week. In addition to that, the twins are studying Spanish under Hillary twice a week. Please pray that we understand and can begin to speak some Spanish to those around us!!
- #4 – Residency Visa – We currently have our one year business visa in country, but will have to secure our Residency Visa before June of 2016. Otherwise, there will be penalties for us as missionaries when we leave the country. The fee per person to secure the beginnings of the residency visa is about $1,000 per person per year for the first two years. Yes, you did the math … that is $5,000 per year so that we can live here … $10,000 for two years. It is supposed to be around year 4-5 that the process is finalized. Then it’s on to get your sedula! Needless to say, it is quite financially challenging for us to stay in the country. When we are in the States, we have a lot of work to do to get the information that the Dominican government wants … a new issued birth certificate, fingerprinting from the FBI, and an international background check to see if we have committed international crimes, etc, etc. We know that God will provide for us to get this visa if it is His will!
- #1 – things are going well with our three precious girls … Bendjina, Fransesca, and Darwine. They are in school and getting fed! Praise the Lord! To give a quick update, Willie their dad, is still looking for work. He has to be on the street corner between 5-6 am every morning looking for work. We have been trying to help give him leads, but have not had anything consistent. He obviously needs a consistent job to provide for his girls. Pray as we continue working with him that the Lord will help us with wisdom on getting this family legal in the Dominican which will open all kinds of doors for Willie for work. Pray also as we look for a home to rent to see if the Lord may be leading us to have them come help us with the ministry and property mgt. providing a need for them with housing and work. Also, Fransesca is struggling in school. Please pray for her to have understanding.
- #2 – we are praying about how the Lord is leading for another to be added full-time to our Transform staff. We need the Lord’s direction and timing! This person would be our full-time liaison for our ministry working with the children that are sponsored, bringing them food, helping us constantly check on needs and what the next steps should be in their recovery.
- #3 – we are excited about receiving a team from North Carolina the last weekend of this month – October! They will be coming down to survey the construction needs that we have here and what teams they can bring down next summer to do construction. Please pray that God directs all of us to what is most important as the needs are endless! Lol! Pray for direction!
- #4 – we continue to meet regularly with the feeding center team staff. This has been going well. Each time that the feeding program happens things have improved in the structure and overall working of the flow. The children’s program is going well with new people that help us run the program being added each time. The kids are hearing God’s Word, singing songs, playing games, and receiving food. Praise God that they are not only hearing about God’s love but seeing it in action! But God demonstrates His love towards in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us! Romans 5:8 Here are a few more verses that illustrate that God’s love is in action!!! Not just verbal … He shows His love to us!
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Praise the Lord that He has ALL things under control! In His time things will be accomplished. All we are required to do is to OBEY! We are to be His servants! After all, we belong to Him, right? When He is the driver we have nothing to fear!!
In His Service,
Jeff, Jill, Jessica, Jami Jo, and Judith Anne 🙂